Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Birds are Back. It must be Spring?

I am a huge bird watcher. There is nothing I like better than to wake up early on the week-end, grab a cup of coffee and sit on my front porch and watch the birds at the feeders. We live near a marsh so we are lucky to have a wide variety of different birds to watch. I think people can learn a lot from these little creatures. How they protect their young against intruders. How many of them mate for live. How they can build a nest out of seaming nothing.The list goes on and on.

I have a dear friend who works at the D.N.R. in Horicon, Wisconsin. Part of her job is to keep tract of the migration of birds through our area. She is kind enough to keep me informed as to what to be watching for.  The other day she sent me a link she knew I would be interested in and I want to share. It's of a web cam in Iowa the is set up to watch an eagles nest. It's a live feed and you can see the baby eaglets and watch the
dad bring in the food and mom do her job.It's fun to watch and I check in every day.
                                    http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/

What do you think? Neat, Right? I think it's wonderful to see nature up close. Something to share with the whole family and something I'm happy to share with you!

                                                                Till next time.

                                                                     Fly Like an Eagle

1 comment:

  1. Love the eagle photo. Pf course, that's my grandson's English name!

    LOL





    Have a wonderful week!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete